Protection of Children and Youth
The people of St. Marcelline fully support the Archdiocese of Chicago’s policy to protect children and youth.
The Archdiocese requires all clergy and employees to comply with the policy whether or not they work directly with youth.
The Archdiocese requires all volunteers over the age of eighteen who are working with children and youth under the age of eighteen to comply with the policy.
To comply with the policy you must take the following steps:
- Submit to a background check. (For this you will need a User Name and Password. Please click here to have this information sent to you by email.)
- Sign an acknowledgement that the employee or volunteer has read, understands and agrees to abide by the Code of Conduct.
- Continue ongoing training by reading the training bulletins sent to the employee or volunteer by email. If you are not receiving the bulletins,please contact Howard Grossman, who will help with this or any other questions you may have.
- Attend a Virtus Training Session offered here and throughout the Diocese
- Sign a CANTS Form (Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System)
If you are a volunteer working with children under the age of 18, you are required to comply with these guidelines.
Children Matter Network
Virtus Training Schedule
Code of Conduct
Mandated Reporter Training
Who Must Comply?